UPDATES AT IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CHURCH
What’s Going on at Immaculate Conception Parish?
Weekend Masses to resume June 6/7th!
ASCENSION OF THE LORD - Please click the link: Ascension of the Lord -- May 24, 2020
Immaculate Conception Mass: Live-stream Masses
Masses are also available for later viewing on our parish Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/iccatholicchurch/ and on this page.
- Bishop Callaghan has approved our opening for Weekend Masses.
I know that all of us look forward to gathering as a community. Indeed, we shall, starting with the June 6/7 weekend. Please click here for details that are important for your returning to Church. I appreciate your patience in this trying time and the support you render to the Parish and Staff. It has been a privilege for us to serve you all.
- The 8:30 am Sunday Mass will be live-streamed.
- Father Francis celebrates daily Mass with the family that has the Mass Intention. The time of the mass is set in consultation with the family.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is held on Wednesdays, starting from 8.00 am till 4.00 pm. People are free to come and pray before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Fr Francis is available for spiritual needs- Confession and personal meetings are available.
- Prayers are offered daily for the well-being of our community.
- Marriage and Funerals are conducted as per the Diocesan Guidelines.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Karen Dolan, our Parish Nurse has informed that the Blood drive on June 15 has only 10 people signed up so far. It is reported that COVID-19 has increased the need for blood! Please consider donating blood and signing up online redcrossblood.org. You may call Karen Dolan (715-579-5601), or email [email protected] to sign up and for changes in the donation procedure.
75th Jubilee Pictoral Directory
In order to finish our Pictorial Directory, we need group photos of the following Parish Ministries. Therefore, we will take pictures of the groups listed below. Please make every effort to arrive 5 minutes early to organize yourself with your group.
Monday, June 22 on the Church Altar
6:30pm Eucharistic Ministers
7:10pm Liturgy Committee
Monday, June 22 in Father Klink Hall
7:25pm Financial Council
7:35pm RCIA Team
7:45pm Marriage Prep Retreat Group
Our Safety Measures
- As of now, Church is open for people to come and pray during the day. Social distancing required.
- Hand Sanitizing Dispensers are provided at the entry areas for personal use.
- The doorknobs, the pews are sanitized at regular intervals during the day.
- Entry and Exit doors are restricted.
Live Stream Schedule at diolc.org/live
Sunday Mass with Bishop Callahan – 9:30 am Sundays on Channel 18
Sunday Mass in Spanish – 10:30 am Sundays
Daily Mass (Monday-Saturday) from the Cathedral
Mass in English – 8:00 am
Mass in Spanish – 8:30 am
Supporting your Church - Needed as Much as Ever
In good times and bad times, Catholic faithful have supported their church generously. Your Parish needs your generous support to continue. Collections at Weekly Masses are the main source of income. Without weekend Masses, we need to consider alternative options to continuing your contributions to the Church.
- Drop any donation in the mail slot to the left of the Parish Office door.
- Mail in your weekly/monthly offering to 1712 Highland Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701.
- Send payments through your online banking.
- You can sign up for ACH Donations. Please use this link for the ACH Form. It will need to be returned to the Parish Office with a voided check. Please be sure to be clear about which week(s) you would like to donate in the month, and when it should start.
- Online giving to Immaculate Conception Parish is now available. Use the link below to make a one-time or recurring donation with your credit or debit card. These donations can stop at any time.
FROM THE IC PARISH EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
We are grateful for our parish donors who have generously given money to support the team's efforts. Some of the funds have been converted into SCRIP Cards (gas, food, pharmacy) which financially benefits BOTH our Parish, and RCS. We have been able to assist several Parish and RCS families experiencing difficulties at this time and remain in operation to assist many mre individuals and families that may experience financial stress or food insecurity in the coming months. Thank you to the team of volunteers and those Parish Members who have donated.
To volunteer or request help, contact :
If you are in need of help with groceries or errands, or are interested in having someone call and check on you or to chat with, call numbers listed above or send email.
If anyone is in need of masks for personal use, or would like to join our group in sewing from your own home, please contact Vicki Hawn at [email protected] or contact the parish office. Thanks again so much to those who have been sewing tirelessly during this quarantine, and also to those who have donated supplies. Stay safe!
Log on to FORMED.ORG today. See what this great resource has to offer you and your family!
Go to ic-ecwi.formed.org to create your personal account, then use code 3R7T8Y for access.
75 Years as a Parish!
In 2020, we celebrate 75 years as a Parish. We are beginning to plan and organize for a year-long celebration.
The Parish Council needs your assistance to make this 75th Jubilee meaningful and successful. See the attachment for the various committees that are being formed, and the sign-up sheet to get involved.
Many hands make light work... and hopefully many great Parish memories!
ACH Donation Form
An ACH deposit form is available for those who do not like envelopes, writing out checks or may be gone on any given Sunday. For the needed form, e-mail the rectory at [email protected], click here for the form*, or find it on in the information wall display in Father Klink Hall.
*needs Adobe Reader
Facebook & YouTube
Immaculate Conception Parish has a Facebook page! Check it out at www.facebook.com/iccatholicchurch. You can get information on upcoming events, Mass times and special intention listings, and more! In its first five years, the Facebook page has more than 800 "likes" and has thousands more following it from across the nation and around the world!
Immaculate Conception Parish also has its own YouTube channel! We record one Mass every regular weekend and more often if it is a holiday season, such as Christmas or Easter. You can go to the YouTube main page and type in the search box "Immaculate Conception Catholic Parish Eau Claire" to be taken to the IC YouTube page and view the Masses there. The Masses are also downloaded onto this main website under the "Mass Video/Audio" tab and on our Facebook page, whose address is listed above.
FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED
For those attending Mass at Immaculate Conception Church that may be hearing impaired, the church's audio/video system has the capability to enhance the audio for those wearing hearing aids. For better audio reception during Mass, please activate the T-Coil setting on your hearing aid. Also available are receivers that can pick up the audio signal. These are similar to a Walkman radio in that a person can put on the headphones, turn on the receiver and be able to listen to the audio of the Mass. If you are interested in using one of the receivers during Mass, please let one of the ushers know and they can get you a receiver to use.
Diocese of LaCrosse Guidelines for Reporting Instances of Child Abuse or Neglect
The Diocese of La Crosse through its policies and procedures seeks to provide a prompt, appropriate and compassionate response to reporters of sexual abuse of a child by a priest or deacon. Anyone wishing to make a report of an allegation of sexual abuse should send that report to the diocesan Bishop at the Diocese of La Crosse, P.O. Box 4004, La Crosse, WI 54602-4004. The form is available through the Diocese of La Crosse, Office of the Vicar for Clergy or on the diocesan website at http://www.dioceseoflacrosse.com/safe-environment/.
Copies of the diocesan policy are available through your local parish or school and on the diocesan website. If you have any questions about the Diocese of La Crosse and the implementation of the Charter for the Protection and Children and Young People, please contact the Vicar for Clergy, Diocese of La Crosse, at (608) 788-7700.
Masses with Fr. Francis are recorded for the weekend and are available on Sunday.
The Link is on the Website.
Watch from your Smart TV on YouTube.
- Julie Herman, Office Staff
- Deb Welch, Parish Secretary
- Linda Corey, Director of Religious Education; Confirmation Coordinator
- Maureen Kolstad, Religious Education Pre-School to Grade 5 Coordinator
- Mary J Chatham, Religious Education Administrative Assistant
- Shawn Muench, Director of Music; Director of 8:30 and 10:30 am and Funeral Choirs
- Gabby and Kyle Hanson, Directors of Youth Choir (Grades 7-12)